Recommended Antivirus 2019
Sophos Home, a leader in securing some of the most-recognizable businesses around the world, has now started to bring the powerful, business-grade security that IT professionals trust to home PCs and Macs. Sophos Home gives the same antivirus, malware protection, and web filtering technology, provided by Sophos business-oriented products, trusted by hundreds of thousands of businesses and homes. Sophos Home takes security beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection from the latest ransomware, malicious software, and hacking attempts.
How does Sophos Home protect my PC? Why should I get Sophos Home and not another antivirus protection for my home? Sophos Home has two types of detection systems. One is signature-based and the other one is behavioral (signature-less) based detection. To find and stop known malware, Sophos Home uses Signature-based detection. While Behavior-based detection helps in discovering and removal of brand new, never-before-seen malware. Sophos Home utilizes a global database to prevent users from going to phishing sites. Sophos Home is already the best home recommended antivirus 2019. In addition to being the best at its game, Sophos Home scans website code for compromised websites infected by hackers. Sophos also monitors your programs and apps, stopping those that act maliciously, and allowing the user to remove them.
If all of the above is not enough for you to switch your home antivirus to Sophos Home. Sophos Home gives high device count at a low price point, 10 devices for $45/year for the first year and $60/year on renewal. This kind of protection at this price for 10 devices truly makes Sophos Home the recommended antivirus 2019 for Home. A free version is also available, but it is available to “only” 3 devices per account. With support for multiple operating systems, along with a robust number of parental setting make it the best choice for families.
To install Sophos Home, first of all, you will have to have the following requirements fulfilled.
• For Windows users, you are to have Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10. For Mac users, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or higher is required.
• In terms of RAM, Windows require a Minimum of 1 GB of RAM, while Mac OS requires Minimum 4 GB of RAM for the installation of Sophos Home.
• You will need Minimum 1 GB of free disk space if you use Windows. And if you use Mac OS, Minimum 4GB of free disk space is needed.
• For the Sophos Home Dashboard, you will need Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
With all of the above requirements fulfilled, let’s create a Sophos Home Account.
• First of all Go to https://home.sophos.com/en-us/register.aspx
• Enter the required details on the fields.
• Once the form is completed, click on Create Account.
• You will receive an email confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Open the Sophos Home Confirmation Email and click on Confirm Email.
• The Sign into your account window will then open showing the Email address confirmed message.
Now that you have got your account figured, let’s download Sophos Home installer
For the first installation
• Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard.
• Click the blue PC Installer button.
• Wait until the installer file SophosInstall.exe is downloaded.
After downloading the Installer, it’s time to install the best home antivirus in the market at the moment.
Installation on Windows computers
• Double-click on the downloaded SophosInstall.exe file to run the installer.
• On the User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
• Wait for the extractor to finish.
• Wait for the installation to finish.
• You will see the Installation is complete message once the installation is successful.
• Click Finish and the window will close.
Installation on Mac computers
• Double-click on the Sophos Installer.app to start the installation.
• When a security prompt appears, click on Open.
• On the installation window, click Continue.
• Provide your administrator account password for your Mac and click OK. (Not your Sophos Home password).
• Wait for the installation to finish. This may take a few minutes.
• You will see the Installation was successful message once the installation is completed.
• Click Close to exit.
With these steps, your installation of Sophos Home is completed. Now just sit back and let it do all the work. After all, you deserve a break.
All in all, if you want an antivirus with a simple interface, a family oriented antivirus, or want to use it on many devices for a low price. You have a definite choice at your disposal by the name of Sophos Home.